Winter weather may close, delay school in Eagle County
Eagle County, CO Colorado
EAGLE COUNTY, Colorado ” If bad weather or other conditions shut down or delay classes at Eagle County, Colorado schools, there are several ways in which parents will be notified:
– Eagle County schools’ Web site (www.eagleschools.net) will list all changes
– The main Eagle County schools phone number (328-6321), as well as each school’s phone number, will include a recording detailing changes.
– Eagle County radio stations will be informed about the closure or delay. Local stations include KTUN (101.7 and 95.3 FM), KSKE (104.7 and 99.3 FM), Jack FM (92.7 FM) and KZYR (97.7 FM).
– Vail TV8 and Denver television stations will be provided the information to include listings that appear on the bottom of the television screen.
When a school or schools are closed school buses will not operate, before- and after-school programs are canceled, all activities scheduled in Eagle County school buildings are canceled, and school sports events and practices are postponed.
When the school day is delayed:
– Elementary school bus pick-up times are delayed one hour, with buses arriving at elementary schools at 8:50 a.m.; elementary school classes start at 9 a.m.
– Secondary school bus pick-up times are delayed one hour, with buses arriving at middle and high schools at 9:25 a.m. Extra-curricular activities will take place unless they are canceled by 1 p.m.
– Start times for middle and high schools will be 9:30 a.m.
Weather conditions in different areas of Eagle County can vary. It is possible that only certain schools will be delayed.
Early dismissal times will be determined based on weather conditions or other special circumstances and parents will be informed of the schedule in the manner detailed above.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User