Woman claims she lost finger after chairlift incident
Alleged incident at Chair 5 happened in 2005, complaint saysVAIL – A Fort Collins woman is suing Vail Associates, saying the company’s negligence caused her finger to be partially amputated after an incident that occurred while she was getting on Chair 5 in 2005.Elizabeth A. Neal filed a complaint in Eagle County Court on Wednesday seeking an unspecified amount of damages in relation to Jan. 3, 2005, incident.Neal did not return a phone message left for her Thursday. A spokeswoman for Vail Mountain could not be reached for comment.Neal’s complaint says she suffered “a partially amputated finger, permanent nerve damage, skin graft surgery, scarring, shock, loss of employment, emotional distress and pain and suffering.”The complaint says Neal was loading onto Chair 5 when she was injured. Chair 5, or High Noon Lift, serves Sun Down and Sun Up bowls.Vail Associates did not properly operate and maintain the loading area of Chair 5, the lawsuit says. The complaint also cites violations of the Ski Safety Act and the Passenger Tramway Safety Act.Vail Associates is a subsidiary of Vail Resorts that operates Vail Mountain.Staff Writer Edward Stoner can be reached at 748-2929 or email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User