Worker found dead in vent at Steamboat restaurant | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Worker found dead in vent at Steamboat restaurant

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado ” Authorities say an electrician died when he got stuck in a vent at a Steamboat Springs, Colorado restaurant and apparently was asphyxiated.

Police say 49-year-old Micheal Goodspeed of Aurora was trying to enter the restaurant feet-first through the vent when he became wedged in a tapering section.

Routt County Coroner Rob Ryg says it appears Goodspeed died of “positional asphyxiation.” An autopsy is planned.

The restaurant was new and hadn’t opened. Police say Goodspeed and two others were spending the night there while working on the restaurant.

They say Goodspeed apparently got locked out Wednesday night and tried to enter through the vent.

The other workers saw his feet dangling from the vent Thursday morning.


Support Local Journalism


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User