Act of kindness at local business won’t soon be forgotten (letter)
August 3, 2018
Leadfoot Linda's has been servicing my cars for many years. I called a few days ago to make an appointment for an oil change. Since my husband and I are sharing a car this summer, I told Kyle that I would wait for it instead of dropping it off. He asked me to be there at 8 this morning and it would take an hour.
My husband decided to go with me and we would go have breakfast while my service was being done. We were finished with breakfast at 9, but Kyle hadn't called yet. We walked back to Leadfoot Linda's and saw my car just being driven into the service area.
Kyle explained that the service tech needed to finish a job from last night before he worked on my car. My husband and I walked for another hour. At 10:15, my car was finally ready. When Kyle handed me the key, my husband handed him the credit card, but Kyle said, "Not today … there's no charge and I'm sorry about your long wait." When we went out to the car, in addition to the oil change, it had also been washed and vacuumed!
George and his crew have always been wonderful, but today Kyle went the extra mile to make our experience exceptional. We will remember this kindness for years. We sincerely appreciate this customer service, and we will continue to be loyal customers. I wish more businesses in our valley had employees like the ones at Leadfoot Linda's.
Vero Beach, Florida
Trending In: Opinion
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck
- Tuesday, Sept. 18’s preps wraps: Vail Mountain, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley volleyball as well as Devils soccer all win