Amendment 74 might sound reasonable, but it’s likely to profit oil and gas companies (letter)
November 1, 2018
Amendment 74 sounds so reasonable, but it would allow oil and gas companies to file multimillion dollar claims against cities, counties and state government just for enforcing land-use codes and environmental regulations that protect open space and communities. It would be a disaster for Colorado. It could let oil and gas companies sue taxpayers just for adopting clean-air laws by claiming it interferes with their profits.
This amendment claims to help property owners, but it seems far more likely to profit oil and gas companies who are bankrolling this campaign. Please vote against Amendment 74.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018
- Vail to open Northwoods on Saturday
- Breckenridge Town Council votes to remove controversial trail troll