An awesome crew of good young people and my return to hope for the future (letter)
May 21, 2018
Recently, I was a guest at a private 17-year-olds birthday party. The kids were all from the Christian high school in Edwards (Vail Christian). I am a long-time local resident, being here since Vail opening day. I have worked as a nanny and a teacher in happy valley for more than 50 years.
Recently, as I have aged, I feel a sinking feeling observing teens in our valley. Perhaps I am "old school," as the kids say. So, much to my delight, I was in awe and amazed at the civility/manners and commodity I was fortunate to observe as the party progressed. All of the young people were kind and considerate of one another. They also came up to thank the host mother at the party's end.
Be still my heart! In today's society, I find it rare to see these manners, truly a return to hope for the future for this greying, vital, young-at-heart senior local lady. … Thank-you to Cheryl/Barry and the birthday boy Tommy and to his awesome crew of good young people!
Trending In: Opinion
- I-70 Coalition: The plan to fix the Interstate 70 mountain corridor already exists and it’s feasible (column)
- Perhaps wildlife fencing disrupting migration patterns is to blame for decline in numbers (letter)
- Article on Bode Miller’s daughter drowning in poor taste (letter)
- 2017-18 Open Lands Plan feedback: Vail Trail Extension is unnecessary (letter)
- Support clean car standards that protect our citizens, environment (letter)
- Jury rules for Vail Resorts in skier death case. Upper Prima Cornice was closed where Taft Conlin died in an in-bounds avalanche
- Vail Valley churches, law enforcement plan for protests by Westboro Baptist Church
- Legal aspects of Taft Conlin case more about behavior after Colorado Supreme Court’s decision kept out most avalanche evidence
- Vail Resorts’ expert witness says ski company closed Prima properly, as Taft Conlin skier death case heads into final days
- Victim ID’d after arrest made in suspected West Glenwood Springs murder of homeless man