An awesome crew of good young people and my return to hope for the future (letter)
May 21, 2018
Recently, I was a guest at a private 17-year-olds birthday party. The kids were all from the Christian high school in Edwards (Vail Christian). I am a long-time local resident, being here since Vail opening day. I have worked as a nanny and a teacher in happy valley for more than 50 years.
Recently, as I have aged, I feel a sinking feeling observing teens in our valley. Perhaps I am "old school," as the kids say. So, much to my delight, I was in awe and amazed at the civility/manners and commodity I was fortunate to observe as the party progressed. All of the young people were kind and considerate of one another. They also came up to thank the host mother at the party's end.
Be still my heart! In today's society, I find it rare to see these manners, truly a return to hope for the future for this greying, vital, young-at-heart senior local lady. … Thank-you to Cheryl/Barry and the birthday boy Tommy and to his awesome crew of good young people!
Trending In: Opinion
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case, saying judges erred in several rulings before and during trial
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Police in the Vail Valley try to offer help to people who are panhandling
- Rancher cries as jury exonerates her
- Brake fire closes Interstate 70 at East Vail, burns landscaping material Monday morning, Sept. 17