Be sure to cast ballots in Eagle-Vail property owners election (letter)
February 8, 2018
Please remind your readers that ballots for the Eagle-Vail Property Owners Association Board of Directors election are due on Monday, Feb. 12 by the 5 p.m. deadline. If our members are in town they can drop them off at Bold Property Management Solutions' office in the Traer Creek building next to Walmart.
One quick point of information that is important to readers and members in Eagle-Vail: Don't be fooled by others that say that reducing dues for the POA puts the Eagle-Vail Metro District in financial trouble. Remember that 27 percent of that amount on your property tax bill goes directly to the Eagle-Vail Metro District. Check out the Eagle County tax statement you recently received.
Your Eagle-Vail property tax bill is second in amount only to our Eagle County school district. With residential and commercial combined that is a total of $1.7 million to pay to operate Eagle-Vail. Now out of that $1.7 million about $435,000 pays off the 25-year bonds we took to pay for the swimming pool and some golf course improvements about nine years ago. Those bonds will end when we pay them off in 2035.
Last I heard, we still owe about $5 million on these bonds for the pool. That leaves $1,265,000 to run Eagle-Vail's golf course parks and pool. And remember, we charge to use the golf courses and swimming pool. Isn't it time to run it like a business?
And remember, the Eagle-Vail POA is a separate enterprise funded by dues. Not taxes. The Eagle-Vail POA is financially strong. Please cast your votes for Steve Daniels, Judd Watts, and myself for the Eagle-Vail Property Owners Association Board.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Norton: The only thing better than a good book is a great book (column)
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife