Can we amend the statute to allow Basalt area to secede from Eagle County? (letter)
August 7, 2018
About the article in the Wednesday, Aug. 1, Vail Daily ("Commissioners: No-go on secession vote," by Pam Boyd): It appears all concerned agree that it would be better if the Basalt area were separated from Eagle County.
The problem, they say, is an 1887 statute with an excessive number required to sign the petition to get it on the ballot.
What about getting that statute amended? Have our legislative representatives been asked about sponsoring that amendment?
Trending In: Opinion
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Trap-kill may be only option for Glenwood mountain lions
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 15th in return to World Cup from injury, gets heckled
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world