Candidate Diane Mitsch Bush will stand up to the NRA for gun safety (letter)
May 27, 2018
I applaud Eric Seward for his call to action. Yes, in the face of such disgraceful inaction in Congress we must, "elect leaders who have the courage to stand up to the gun lobby and enact real, meaningful change."
So why not vote for Diane Mitsch Bush? She's the only candidate in the race that has actually stood up to the NRA. She has already demonstrated that she is exactly the courageous leader you describe, someone who stands up to the gun lobby and enacts real, meaningful change. In 2013, she voted in the Colorado House for full, universal background checks and magazine capacity limits. Prior to the vote, she faced weeks of smear campaigns in her hometown and this vote actually cost a few of her colleagues their seats. However, she delivered for the voters.
Thanks to her and her fellow legislators, Colorado has prevented about 300 violent, convicted felons from accessing guns each year (according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation). When it comes to this issue, Diane has had our backs for years now, standing up for what's right and deservedly earning an "F" rating with the NRA. If you want change on the national level, vote for someone who's already delivered exactly what you want — sensible gun safety. Vote for Diane.
Trending In: Opinion
- Trap-kill may be only option for Glenwood mountain lions
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 15th in return to World Cup from injury, gets heckled
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Letter: Stop wasting our money, Avon
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report