Carnage in mass shootings can’t be reduced by restricting magazine capacity (letter)
October 31, 2018
Some think we can reduce the carnage in mass shootings by restricting the capacity of ammunition magazines for rifles, or even prohibiting semi-automatic rifles. Not really.
In October, a student at a technical school in Russia killed 20 and wounded 40 more using a shotgun. Apparently, they don't arm teachers over there, either.
He also disposed of homemade explosive devices; but whether those caused any serious injuries is unclear.
For details, use a term like "Crimea school shooting" for an internet search. If you don't like Google, try 4conservative.com, which does not have a left bias.
In other news, a second Colorado Springs-area school district has decided to arm teachers and staff, according to a story in the Colorado Springs Gazette.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019