Christmas is reconciliation of fallen humanity with God’s perfection (letter)
December 28, 2018
So what is Christmas about? Love? Yes. How so? Well, God is perfect in purity, holiness, justice and love. But, we're not; we tend to be selfish, covetous, not always truthful, and not as loving toward others as we know we should be.
Christmas, with Jesus coming, is the reconciliation of God in His perfection to us in our imperfection. Jesus said we need white "wedding" garments to be with Him, the garment we need being His rightness obtained by knowing we need it, yet don't have it. We can get it from Him by seeing our need, asking for help, and believing His promise of reconciliation. So may your white Christmas be His gift, His garment that makes us joyful, blessed and of course, merry. Merry Christmas!
Trending In: Opinion
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history