Colorado senators must oppose appointment of Kavanaugh to Supreme Court (letter)
August 10, 2018
If Brett Kavanaugh is allowed to become the next Supreme Court justice, Americans will be in danger. Roe v. Wade was a landmark case. Abortion rights in this country are already being tested, and we must ensure that they are accessible to everyone.
If my mother hadn't had an abortion of my younger brother at 26 weeks, she would be dead and so would my little sister. My best friend's abortion let her continue onto medical school with no worries after her birth control failed.
Abortion rights are women's rights, and women's rights are human rights. If the GOP could postpone Obama's end-of-term SCOTUS appointment, they can postpone one for midterms. Sens. (Cory) Gardner and (Michael) Bennet must oppose his confirmation until after midterm elections, for the safety of American women!
Trending In: Opinion
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Trap-kill may be only option for Glenwood mountain lions
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 15th in return to World Cup from injury, gets heckled
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world