Colorado senators must oppose appointment of Kavanaugh to Supreme Court (letter)
August 10, 2018
If Brett Kavanaugh is allowed to become the next Supreme Court justice, Americans will be in danger. Roe v. Wade was a landmark case. Abortion rights in this country are already being tested, and we must ensure that they are accessible to everyone.
If my mother hadn't had an abortion of my younger brother at 26 weeks, she would be dead and so would my little sister. My best friend's abortion let her continue onto medical school with no worries after her birth control failed.
Abortion rights are women's rights, and women's rights are human rights. If the GOP could postpone Obama's end-of-term SCOTUS appointment, they can postpone one for midterms. Sens. (Cory) Gardner and (Michael) Bennet must oppose his confirmation until after midterm elections, for the safety of American women!
Trending In: Opinion
- Have a safe and sober ski season; leave the drinking for apres (letter)
- Our View: Vail Mountain doesn’t open early very often, so let’s enjoy the gift (editorial)
- Did readers recognize the message of elitist bigotry in Noble’s column? (letter)
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- Noble: Collective delusion: Tell the people what they want to hear (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum