Colorado senators must oppose appointment of Kavanaugh to Supreme Court (letter)
August 10, 2018
If Brett Kavanaugh is allowed to become the next Supreme Court justice, Americans will be in danger. Roe v. Wade was a landmark case. Abortion rights in this country are already being tested, and we must ensure that they are accessible to everyone.
If my mother hadn't had an abortion of my younger brother at 26 weeks, she would be dead and so would my little sister. My best friend's abortion let her continue onto medical school with no worries after her birth control failed.
Abortion rights are women's rights, and women's rights are human rights. If the GOP could postpone Obama's end-of-term SCOTUS appointment, they can postpone one for midterms. Sens. (Cory) Gardner and (Michael) Bennet must oppose his confirmation until after midterm elections, for the safety of American women!
Trending In: Opinion
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Our view: Restrictions may be lifted, but it’s still dry in the backcountry (editorial)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck