Columnist Carnes must lead ‘very dismal existence’ to be that cynical (letter)
April 10, 2018
I read the headline on Richard Carnes' story and found it interesting and quite true. It didn't take long!
He took a very legitimate situation and quickly began to almost blame it on President Trump. He obviously did not do very extensive research on the issue or he would have come to the conclusion that this problem the economy is facing has hardly been one of just the recent few years. I am sure he will blame the lower Vail receipts and taxes on Mr. Trump also.
How can someone have such hatred for another person as this guy does? It must be a very dismal existence to be nothing but a cynic of anyone you don't agree with. And not just a cynic, but one obsessed with it.
Very sad, Mr. Carnes.
Robert J. Graff
Highland Beach, Florida.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Raise the gas tax in Colorado to help fund road construction and maintenance (letter)
- Wissot: I miss the America before America became great again (column)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Vail Valley Running Club qualifies for nationals again
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)