Columnist Carnes must lead ‘very dismal existence’ to be that cynical (letter)
April 10, 2018
I read the headline on Richard Carnes' story and found it interesting and quite true. It didn't take long!
He took a very legitimate situation and quickly began to almost blame it on President Trump. He obviously did not do very extensive research on the issue or he would have come to the conclusion that this problem the economy is facing has hardly been one of just the recent few years. I am sure he will blame the lower Vail receipts and taxes on Mr. Trump also.
How can someone have such hatred for another person as this guy does? It must be a very dismal existence to be nothing but a cynic of anyone you don't agree with. And not just a cynic, but one obsessed with it.
Very sad, Mr. Carnes.
Robert J. Graff
Highland Beach, Florida.
Trending In: Opinion
- Goldberg: Feinstein’s handling of Kavanaugh accusation has made our politics even uglier (column)
- Dylan Roberts has spirit to tackle Colorado’s health care issues (letter)
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Kick in you American rugged individualism to solve problems like housing (letter)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Dry weather prompts local, federal officials to put Eagle County back under fire restrictions, Stage 1
- Top 5 things to do around the Vail Valley this weekend
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley
- Tamra Nottingham Underwood, fourth generation resident, running for council in Avon