Vail Daily column: What’s next for Vail Valley Partnership?
Vail Valley Partnership’s vision to develop and enhance the economic vitality of the Vail Valley isn’t so much about what we will do. It’s about how we support our member businesses and support our community through our programs and efforts.
As we enter our 52nd year as an organization, we remain committed to our proven core competencies to help you meet unknowable demands of doing business in the Vail Valley and move together toward an envisioned future of where the community wants to go.
We adapt quickly and expand when needed, but always with our proven core in mind. In short, our strategic plan creates the kind of organization that can handle whatever comes next and at the same time try to shape what comes next to make our vision of enhanced economic vitality a reality.
The Partnership, through our destination marketing efforts, strives to increase visitation to the Vail Valley via group sales promotion, valley-wide leisure visitor promotion efforts and regional event recruiting and promotion. When more visitors are here, our members have more opportunities for success.
Through our regional chamber of commerce programming, we strive to enhance the business vitality of our member businesses by providing a robust benefit platform consisting of educational events, signature programs, networking opportunities and marketing tools. When more marketing and networking opportunities exist, our members have more opportunities for success.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUCCESS
We have a proactive economic development effort in place to positively influence economic change in terms of wealth generation, economic diversification, job growth and preservation and building the local tax base. When business opportunities and business friendly environments exist, our members have more opportunities for success.
Our events, signature programs, marketing tools and member benefits have been completely revamped moving into 2015 to add more value and increase touch points for our members to reach both destination visitors, as well as the local audience. Each of these benefits have been updated, enhanced and implemented with one thing in mind: giving our members more opportunities for success.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Membership is like a buffet; there is something for everyone and you can choose the things most relevant and impactful to your business. We invite everyone — members and non-members alike — to learn more about the Vail Valley Partnership and the tools that exist to provide opportunities for your business at our annual meeting on Dec. 17 at Manor Vail Lodge from 3 to 4:45 p.m.
The agenda for the annual meeting:
• 3 p.m: Mike Brumbaugh, Vail Valley Partnership board chair and owner of Venture Sports, will provide a welcome and organizational overview of the Partnership.
• 3:10 p.m: Ceil Folz, president of Vail Valley Foundation, will provide an overview and preview of the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in February.
• 3:20 p.m: Ralf Garrison, from DestiMetrics, will provide a look ahead at the winter season and booking trends from ski resorts across the western United States.
• 3:50 p.m: Chris Romer, president and CEO of Vail Valley Partnership will provide an overview of Vail Valley Partnership destination and group sales impacts, visitor guide and new websites.
• 4:05 p.m: Jill Lammers, vice president of Vail Valley Partnership will provide an overview on chamber updates, member benefits, tiers, ambassador program and merchant alliance.
• 4:20 p.m: Jeremy Rietmann, business development director of Vail Valley Partnership, will provide an economic development update.
• 4:35 p.m: Michael Brown, regional president of Alpine Bank, will provide an update on the EGE Air Alliance and efforts to increase air service to the Eagle County Regional Airport.
Thank you to our members and supporters throughout the community. Vail Valley Partnership is proud to count over 820 businesses as members in our organization and we strive daily to provide value to your membership.
BECOME A MEMBER
Vail Valley Partnership supports the involvement of our member organizations in business associations and chambers throughout the valley. As your regional community development organization, we recognize the importance of being engaged in the community at both a local and regional level.
We feel so strongly about this that we are pleased to offer a 10 percent discount on our membership dues to any business that is a member of another business association or chamber in the Valley. Membership renewals will be sent via email Monday.
We hope to see you at Manor Vail Lodge on Dec. 17 for our annual meeting to learn more about the exciting changes ahead in 2015. Stay as our guest after the annual meeting to network with business professionals at our monthly After-Hours Business Mixer.
Chris Romer is president and CEO of the Vail Valley Partnership.