Diane Mitsch Bush fighting for health care, environment and so much more (letter)
May 10, 2018
Women are running for political office in record numbers. I am writing to you today to ask your help in supporting these women, specifically our former Democratic member of the Colorado House of Representatives, Dianne Mitsch Bush, who is running for Congress. Diane just won the State Assembly (Colorado's caucus process) and is gearing up to defeat Rep. Scott Tipton.
Diane is creating a lot of buzz. It's nice to see that Diane is running a real grassroots campaign, with the support of more than 1,000 donors and most of those (72 percent) from small dollar donations of $100 or less.
Diane is the real deal, and this race is getting national attention now because of Diane: She was just endorsed by the Progressive Democrats of America. Her other endorsements include Ken Salazar-former Senator from Colorado, Gunnison Political Revolution (local chapter of Bernie's Our Revolution) and countless number of local officials.
She is the only candidate in the race rated a Champion of Universal Healthcare by the Colorado Foundation for Universal Healthcare, as a result of her work for health care in the House. She was also awarded 2017 Conservation Colorado's Legislator of the Year for her longstanding dedication to protecting our land, water and wildlife. Talk about an environmental champion!
Diane has fought for our health care, our environment and so much more, and she's the exact person we need to replace Tipton in November.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Our View: Vail Mountain doesn’t open early very often, so let’s enjoy the gift (editorial)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Avoid factory-farm chicken, and push to change the laws governing their treatment (letter)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Vail Opening Day is here! See live updates
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018