Do you believe that government solves nothing? Then vote for Cartier (letter)
October 30, 2018
At a recent candidate forum, Jacqueline Cartier, who is running to be our county commissioner, said, "Government solves nothing."
If you believe government should do nothing to try to solve the health care mess, you should vote for her.
If you believe that government should do nothing to try to solve the affordable housing mess, you should vote for her.
If you believe the government should not try to preserve our open spaces, you should vote for her.
But if you, like me, believe that government can and should play a role in improving the quality of life in our valley, you should vote for Jeannie McQueeney.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019