Do you live here for the spectacular vistas, the sight of open undeveloped land? (letter)
November 3, 2018
Do you live here for the spectacular vistas, the sight of open undeveloped land, the summer green, the fall gold, the winter white? Do you live here for the streams that splash over shining boulders while trout shoot through clear pools? Do you live here for peaceful, quiet trails and dirt roads that take you away from the noise of the interstate?
Is it for the snowshoe into the woods that takes your soul to that special place? Is it knowing that wild, open, untouched, clean, exhilarating landscape can still exist within a visible distance from your home? Is it because elk, moose, deer, fox, owls, eagles, hawks and other wildlife are near yet wild and something inside you is pleased to know they still run free? Is it because here the sky darkens at night and stars that cannot be seen in the cities and suburbs still sparkle above your home? Is it because you want future generations to have a chance to know nature's glory?
If reasons such as these are meaningful to you, then please read the ballot for proposition 1A and vote. Eagle County is a special place, but we should not take it for granted. Vote for 1A. It's why we live here.
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019