Eagle-Vail Metro District candidate touts professional, recreational experience (letter)
April 12, 2018
Dear neighbors: I would like to introduce myself and ask for your vote in the May Metro District Board election. My wife, two daughters and I have lived in Eagle-Vail for more than three years, and my girls attend Homestake Peak School. We love the community and all it has to offer.
I am an experienced manager and professional with decades of resort town experience, with a proven ability to forge consensus from diverse viewpoints. I look to use my professional, educational and recreational experience to help Eagle-Vail adjust its financial trajectory to a more sustainable path and to resolve the funding dilemma created by TABOR / Gallagher, which has affected all neighborhoods across Colorado.
The current sales tax proposal appears to be a step in the right direction, if the community supports it, but there is more work to be done. The community survey data available provides a solid foundation upon which to make decisions using a frank, transparent and thorough process. I would look to take my previous experience and a fresh perspective to work with the Metro District staff to help address the issues we currently face.
It is time to move beyond the divisive, conspiratorial attitudes that are regularly posted in this column. An independent, fresh, collaborative approach and attitude, not mired in controversies of years past, will help move our community forward. There are considerations ahead for our community, and now is the time for involved discussion for a sustainable future.
Please consider attending the candidates' forum on Wednesday, April 18, at 6 p.m. at the Eagle-Vail pavilion to learn more, and watch for ballots that will arrive in the next week or so.
Thank you for your consideration!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck
- Tuesday, Sept. 18’s preps wraps: Vail Mountain, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley volleyball as well as Devils soccer all win