Eagle-Vail Metro District needs a diversity of opinion, not same leaders as POA (letter)
April 30, 2018
Metro District and Property Owners Association law does not prevent the same person from serving on both boards. Perhaps lawmakers thought that prohibition was not needed because what electorate would want that concentration of power in their district?
When Steve Daniels and Jake Jacobson won election to the Property Owners Association, they came to comprise 40 percent of that board and, with Judd Watts voting along with them, frequently effectively control that board. Allowing the slate of Al Ewing, Steve Daniels and Jake Jacobson to be elected to the five-person Metro District board would effectively give control of that board to them also. I think that is wrong for Eagle-Vail to be controlled by such a small number of people.
Imagine Washington, D.C., with many of the same members serving in both the Senate and House. If you did not like what was done, how would you be heard and represented?
This is a very important election if for no other reason than to bring new opinions and backgrounds and strengths to the Eagle-Vail Metro District board. I stand for keeping Eagle-Vail up to date in refreshing our amenities in the future. Ask your neighbors about my service to the community and integrity and transparency — no hidden agendas.
Vote Bob Finlay for Eagle-Vail Metro Board.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley