Eagle-Vail needs to make commitment to funding community amenities (letter)
February 28, 2018
No more lack of involvement! It is time Eagle-Vail citizens had a serious conversation about Ame Nity. Ame Nity has resided in Eagle-Vail for years and changed her name long ago due to the odious reputation of her great, great uncle, Frank Nitti. Hey … just fun'in!
When a community finds itself treading down a dangerous path where costs must be cut and new revenue sources (other than more taxes) found in order to keep Ame Nity sustainable, actions can no longer be postponed. When it becomes clear that Ame Nity Satisfaction Syndrome has evolved into Ame Nity Survival Syndrome, it's time to stop spending precious dollars on more Ame Nity Satiation Surveys.
Dag nab it! If Ame Nity would just start referring to herself as Amenity, a great acronym could be assigned to the syndrome, couldn't it?
Just a suggestion, but why don't we make a commitment to take care of Ame Nity as she is and stop all this shopping for more furs, jewelry and makeup for her?
Trending In: Opinion
- Students: Do not become discouraged and disheartened by slow movement on gun control (letter)
- Let’s not rely on dubious statistics and blame mass shootings on the loss of bourgeois culture (letter)
- Carnes: At which point did we allow ‘activism’ to become a dirty word? (column)
- Vail Daily letter: White genocide nearly imminent in South Africa
- In the fight of good versus evil, wouldn’t you rather have a gun for defense? (letter)
- Instead of 32 years in prison, Leadville woman sentenced to two years probation
- Vail Valley developers proposing hundreds of new apartments in Eagle
- Harley Higbie, the last living member of Vail’s founding board of directors, has died
- Vail Pass reopens eastbound at I-70 mile marker 180 (East Vail)
- Village Bagel opens storefront in Edwards