Eagle-Vail needs to make commitment to funding community amenities (letter)
February 28, 2018
No more lack of involvement! It is time Eagle-Vail citizens had a serious conversation about Ame Nity. Ame Nity has resided in Eagle-Vail for years and changed her name long ago due to the odious reputation of her great, great uncle, Frank Nitti. Hey … just fun'in!
When a community finds itself treading down a dangerous path where costs must be cut and new revenue sources (other than more taxes) found in order to keep Ame Nity sustainable, actions can no longer be postponed. When it becomes clear that Ame Nity Satisfaction Syndrome has evolved into Ame Nity Survival Syndrome, it's time to stop spending precious dollars on more Ame Nity Satiation Surveys.
Dag nab it! If Ame Nity would just start referring to herself as Amenity, a great acronym could be assigned to the syndrome, couldn't it?
Just a suggestion, but why don't we make a commitment to take care of Ame Nity as she is and stop all this shopping for more furs, jewelry and makeup for her?
Trending In: Opinion
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Our view: Restrictions may be lifted, but it’s still dry in the backcountry (editorial)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck