Eagle-Vail’s metro, property owners’ boards need diverse members (letter)
April 12, 2018
I am writing concerning the upcoming Eagle-Vail Metro Board Election. Eagle-Vail has two governing groups — the Metro Board and the Property Owners Association — each composed of five elected members. Recently, in the Property Owners Association election, Steve Daniels, Jake Jacobson and Judd Watts were reelected.
I respect the democratic process, so I have no issue with this election. I am, however, concerned that Steve Daniels and Jake Jacobson are now also running for election to the Metro Board. There is no restriction against this in Eagle-Vail, but common sense says that diverse representation is more effective than having the same voices on two separate boards. Even if I were completely in favor of everything Steve Daniels and Jake Jacobson were proposing, I would prefer that they not serve on both of these boards so that we have a balance of power in our community.
Eagle-Vail residents, please vote in the upcoming election, and consider whether you want diverse representation.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Raise the gas tax in Colorado to help fund road construction and maintenance (letter)
- Wissot: I miss the America before America became great again (column)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Vail Valley Running Club qualifies for nationals again
- Vail Valley-based Hackernoon using equity crowdfunding to fuel new growth