Family-friendly ‘screen time’ at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail (letter)
August 10, 2018
Last week (Friday, Aug. 3), neither rain nor hail unglued this part-time Vail resident from my lawn seat at a Vail Dance Festival performance at Ford Amphitheater. In fact, very few lawn patrons left during the rainy evening. What held me in my seat? Very simply, the newly added video screen.
Up there in the "cheap seats," I was treated to crystal-clear video of the full stage, plus close-ups of dancers and musicians that those in the pavilion don't get to see, all displayed seamlessly by a top-notch local video technology firm.
I'm writing to publicly thank the town of Vail and the Vail Valley Foundation for this huge enhancement of the amphitheater lawn experience. Readers, if you see this in time, I encourage you to line up some lawn tickets to come and enjoy this Friday and Saturday's final evenings of the 2018 Vail Dance Festival. It's great screen time for the whole family.
Vail and Venice, Florida
Trending In: Opinion
- Do we truly value wildlife or just the appearance of being in the wild? (letter)
- Carnes: Did you do some stupid things in high school? Me too (column)
- Vail Daily owes readers an apology for cartoon that uses #MeToo to demean victims (letter)
- Nicholson: It’s not enough to stand against something; it’s time for progressives to promote things we stand for (column)
- What’s a better approach for prisoners: Punishment or rehabilitation? (letter)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine
- Negative effects of legal marijuana rising, law enforcement task force study finds
- Utah man arrested near Eagle, suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle
- Scammers targeting Vail Valley, gaining access to personal accounts and family funds