Follow the money in the Colorado governor’s campaign (letter)
September 8, 2018
Some people have attacked Jared Polis for spending a lot of money on his campaign. However, it is his money. Would you rather see him beholden to the oil companies, the drug companies, the National Rifle Association, the insurance business or the mega-agriculture industry?
Check to see who is supporting his opponent. I would much rather see him spend his own money and be his own man. I must add that I would like to have campaign finance reform so that no one could spend huge amounts, but until that happens, let's not fault Jared Polis for paying his own way. I think he'll make a great governor.
Trending In: Opinion
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Goldberg: Feinstein’s handling of Kavanaugh accusation has made our politics even uglier (column)
- Dylan Roberts has spirit to tackle Colorado’s health care issues (letter)
- Dry weather prompts local, federal officials to put Eagle County back under fire restrictions, Stage 1
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley
- Tamra Nottingham Underwood, fourth generation resident, running for council in Avon