Follow the money in the Colorado governor’s campaign (letter)
September 8, 2018
Some people have attacked Jared Polis for spending a lot of money on his campaign. However, it is his money. Would you rather see him beholden to the oil companies, the drug companies, the National Rifle Association, the insurance business or the mega-agriculture industry?
Check to see who is supporting his opponent. I would much rather see him spend his own money and be his own man. I must add that I would like to have campaign finance reform so that no one could spend huge amounts, but until that happens, let's not fault Jared Polis for paying his own way. I think he'll make a great governor.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Raise the gas tax in Colorado to help fund road construction and maintenance (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Wissot: I miss the America before America became great again (column)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Vail Valley-based Hackernoon using equity crowdfunding to fuel new growth
- Eagle County struggles with record number of suicide deaths in 2018
- Biggest piece of Vail Valley real estate business is now a higher price range
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin