Follow the NRA money: It leads to Sen. Cory Gardner (letter)
February 19, 2018
According to fortune.com, our Sen. Cory Gardner has received $3.88 million from the National Rifle Association (NRA). He is fifth on the list of the top receivers of gifts from this organization. I have written to him to ask that he help outlaw weapons that are designed solely to kill as many humans as possible in the shortest time.
I am not against hunting rifles. It seems peppering a deer with an automatic military weapon would mess up the meat. I am not even against someone having a handgun for self-protection in his or her home, even though more family members are killed by these weapons than intruders. However, given the support that the NRA provides for our senator, do you think he will pay any attention to me?
Trending In: Opinion
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Our view: Restrictions may be lifted, but it’s still dry in the backcountry (editorial)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck