Follow the NRA money: It leads to Sen. Cory Gardner (letter)
February 19, 2018
According to fortune.com, our Sen. Cory Gardner has received $3.88 million from the National Rifle Association (NRA). He is fifth on the list of the top receivers of gifts from this organization. I have written to him to ask that he help outlaw weapons that are designed solely to kill as many humans as possible in the shortest time.
I am not against hunting rifles. It seems peppering a deer with an automatic military weapon would mess up the meat. I am not even against someone having a handgun for self-protection in his or her home, even though more family members are killed by these weapons than intruders. However, given the support that the NRA provides for our senator, do you think he will pay any attention to me?
Trending In: Opinion
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Our View: Vail Mountain doesn’t open early very often, so let’s enjoy the gift (editorial)
- Avoid factory-farm chicken, and push to change the laws governing their treatment (letter)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Vail Opening Day is here! See live updates
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018