Former patroller hit the nail on the head about Taft Conlin case (letter)
July 9, 2018
Kudos to Mike Beckley and his letter to the editor regarding the circumstances and his professional opinion in the Taft Conlin trial ("Prima Cornice should have been closed," letter to the editor, Friday, July 6).
It is a shame that more former ski patrol members were not subpoenaed to provide their experience with these closures, as we all know that riders hike uphill on many runs (both in Vail and every ski area). He really hit the nail on the head! And I'm sure the Conlin family appreciates his support. My heart aches for the family and the corporate response for one of our children.
Trending In: Opinion
- Climate change isn’t only devastating change wreaked by humans upon environment (letter)
- Eagle County health and schools: Kids and Juuls: What you need to know about this new form of vaping (column)
- Fence around Fourth of July event at Nottingham felt like Guantanamo Bay in Avon (letter)
- Mazzuca: Climate change is becoming a blaring alarm no one pays attention to (column)
- Fighting fire with fire: Mountain town firefighters credited with saving hundreds of homes in El Jebel (videos)
- No death penalty sought in Vail Valley murder case; both accused murderers plead not guilty in Catherine Kelley’s death
- For the first time ever, commercial fishing is now available on Piney River in Eagle County