Former patroller hit the nail on the head about Taft Conlin case (letter)
July 9, 2018
Kudos to Mike Beckley and his letter to the editor regarding the circumstances and his professional opinion in the Taft Conlin trial ("Prima Cornice should have been closed," letter to the editor, Friday, July 6).
It is a shame that more former ski patrol members were not subpoenaed to provide their experience with these closures, as we all know that riders hike uphill on many runs (both in Vail and every ski area). He really hit the nail on the head! And I'm sure the Conlin family appreciates his support. My heart aches for the family and the corporate response for one of our children.
Trending In: Opinion
- Do we truly value wildlife or just the appearance of being in the wild? (letter)
- Carnes: Did you do some stupid things in high school? Me too (column)
- Vail Daily owes readers an apology for cartoon that uses #MeToo to demean victims (letter)
- Goldberg: Feinstein’s handling of Kavanaugh accusation has made our politics even uglier (column)
- Nicholson: It’s not enough to stand against something; it’s time for progressives to promote things we stand for (column)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Negative effects of legal marijuana rising, law enforcement task force study finds
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine
- Scammers targeting Vail Valley, gaining access to personal accounts and family funds
- Vail Mountain snowmaking expansion plan would increase capacity by 52 percent