Front-page headline about woman in dumpster was crass (letter)
April 17, 2018
I wanted to point fingers at all the people at the Vail Daily who thought it was a good or reasonable idea to shame someone on the front page for what was clearly a mental health issue ("Dumpster story 'fictitious,'" Friday, April 13).
With so much care and concern in the news about the importance of mental health care in our community, I do think that there should be stiff consequences for misreporting a crime. There should also be editors who have the foresight to see this women is suffering if she put herself in a dumpster.
Trending In: Opinion
- Vail Daily should change its name (letter)
- Carnes: High crimes and nursery rhymes as shutdown rolls on (column)
- Letter: Where is the safety on Vail Mountain?
- Letter: I can no longer respect my friends keeping their heads in the sand
- The Cartier Report: The pendulum of events in Washington, DC, continue political drama