Go big or go home: Close Interstate 70 from Copper Mountain to East Vail for wildlife (letter)
April 20, 2018
Dear editor: Over the last few months, I've read many letters to the Daily from people saddened by the loss of native animal habitat, loss of their childhood's halcyon past, loss of hunting and fishing opportunities.
Incidentally, or not, in his attempt to correct human agency, our next governor, Jared Polis, has proposed legislation that could aid and assist in curing all these ills. It rightly expands and deepens federal control and governance of local public lands.
I would ask that he add one other element to his legislation, one that would solve our local problem of dead and dying fauna. I would propose this — and it may not be easy — but it is a solution. Close Interstate 70 from Copper Mountain to East Vail.
Let's go big and go home; leave the elk alone!
Kenton M. Krohlow
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Trap-kill may be only option for Glenwood mountain lions
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 15th in return to World Cup from injury, gets heckled
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019