Gypsum, Eagle and Wolcott are in the Eagle River Valley, not the Vail Valley (letter)
July 27, 2018
I am usually moved to write about such things as the administration traumatizing children or destroying the environmental laws many of us worked so hard for. But today, I have something trivial, but a long-standing irritant, to bring up.
The town of Eagle is not in the Vail Valley, and neither is Gypsum nor Wolcott. We are in the Eagle River Valley. The Vail Valley ends way to the East. Vail does not define us all. Vail didn't cut this valley, the Eagle River did.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: A conservative perspective on the current state of our government (column)
- Van Ens: NFL fumbles at taking a knee (column)
- Carnes: Monochrome, Technicolor memories of a first fall season in Vail (column)
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case, saying judges erred in several rulings before and during trial
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Police in the Vail Valley try to offer help to people who are panhandling
- Rancher cries as jury exonerates her
- Brake fire closes Interstate 70 at East Vail, burns landscaping material Monday morning, Sept. 17