Hardly a peep from Congress after Trump’s lawyer admits guilt (letter)
August 22, 2018
The President's lawyer has finally admitted what we all knew to be true: The President directed him to pay off women with whom he had affairs so that information would not come out before the election. The President's lawyer has admitted that is a felony and has pleaded guilty. Since the President directed the conduct, he is just as guilty.
So far, hardly a word from the leaders of Congress.
Clearly this Congress is incapable of providing meaningful oversight to keep this President in check. Our only hope is a Democratic Congress.
Please vote this November. Throw those who refuse to stand up to the President out.
Trending In: Opinion
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Mazzuca: A conservative perspective on the current state of our government (column)
- Our view: Restrictions may be lifted, but it’s still dry in the backcountry (editorial)
- Carnes: Monochrome, Technicolor memories of a first fall season in Vail (column)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case, saying judges erred in several rulings before and during trial
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Rancher cries as jury exonerates her
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Brake fire closes Interstate 70 at East Vail, burns landscaping material Monday morning, Sept. 17