Hardly a peep from Congress after Trump’s lawyer admits guilt (letter)
August 22, 2018
The President's lawyer has finally admitted what we all knew to be true: The President directed him to pay off women with whom he had affairs so that information would not come out before the election. The President's lawyer has admitted that is a felony and has pleaded guilty. Since the President directed the conduct, he is just as guilty.
So far, hardly a word from the leaders of Congress.
Clearly this Congress is incapable of providing meaningful oversight to keep this President in check. Our only hope is a Democratic Congress.
Please vote this November. Throw those who refuse to stand up to the President out.
Trending In: Opinion
- Our View: Vail Mountain doesn’t open early very often, so let’s enjoy the gift (editorial)
- Avoid factory-farm chicken, and push to change the laws governing their treatment (letter)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Did readers recognize the message of elitist bigotry in Noble’s column? (letter)
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Vail Opening Day is here! See live updates
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018