Help Holy Cross remain an energy leader; re-elect current board members (letter)
May 21, 2018
Dear editor: Are you a Holy Cross Energy customer? Do you value the fact that your electric rates are some of the lowest in the nation? Do you value the fact that almost 40 percent of your electricity is from clean, renewable sources, which is also a great hedge against the rising cost of polluting, non-renewable sources?
Holy Cross Energy is a local electric utility that is a leader in the evolution of how we power our communities. I have been impressed by the leadership demonstrated by the Board of Directors to further their vision of providing clean, competitive and stable electricity to its customers. Adam Palmer and Kristen Bertuglia are two board members up for re-election, and I'm encouraging Holy Cross Energy customers/members to vote for them.
Trending In: Opinion
- Vail Daily owes readers an apology for cartoon that uses #MeToo to demean victims (letter)
- Carnes: Did you do some stupid things in high school? Me too (column)
- Do we truly value wildlife or just the appearance of being in the wild? (letter)
- What’s a better approach for prisoners: Punishment or rehabilitation? (letter)
- Many conservative groups use hidden stealth tactics to influence opinion and political decision-making (letter)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine
- Negative effects of legal marijuana rising, law enforcement task force study finds
- Utah man arrested near Eagle, suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle
- Pre-dawn fire engulfs Eagle Ranch home as eight engines from around Vail Valley rally to fight blaze