Human Resource Committee knows best in Eagle-Vail (letter)
March 27, 2018
Editor's note: Find a cited version of this letter at http://www.vaildaily.com.
Holy mother of God! Possible unintended consequences … protected class … a trip to Denver to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
I haven't the strength to continue with lengthy detail. I'm still struggling to catch my breath. So, I will just say this: Beware Eagle-Vailites. Implemented change made in 2009 at the behest of the few could result in costly, unintended consequences for who knows how long — forever?
Want more insight? View the Thursday, March 15, Metro District board meeting on Channel 5 (High Five Media). Watch Chris Romer (spokesman for the district's Human Resource Committee), and then watch all the comments from citizens that follow. Still confused? Then take the time to read Eagle Vail Metro District board packets beginning Thursday, Feb. 1 (agenda item: HR Committee Recommendations).
Only 110 people — yes interviews with just 110 people from Eagle-Vail — were the basis for the Urban Land Institute's 2008 recommendation for change that, implemented soon thereafter, may now severely limit Eagle-Vail's possibilities for change. My head is still spinning after listening to Mr. Romer's unsolicited legal opinions.
The possibility for a lawsuit, he said. Apparently, no room for negotiation; the Human Resource Committee knows best. Holy mil levy increase. I'm feeling that pressure again in my chest. Where was it you said you put the baby aspirin, honey?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin