Interesting that articles about wildfire, firearms were published same day as firearms started wildfires (letter)
June 19, 2018
If any fire official was scratching their head looking for a way to reduce human-caused fires ("Federal officials expect 'active fire season' along Interstate 70," Saturday, June 9), they only had to read your article two pages later about sport shooting ("Why shotguns are like finding love," Saturday, June 9), as that seems to have caused two fires on the very same day both of those articles appeared in the paper together.
Uncanny, those two articles and those two fires on the same day and no mention of firearms in the fire-awareness article, and no mention of wildfire in the firearms article.
If anyone was looking for a way to stop a wildfire from starting last weekend, way found!
Trending In: Opinion
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’