Interesting that articles about wildfire, firearms were published same day as firearms started wildfires (letter)
June 19, 2018
If any fire official was scratching their head looking for a way to reduce human-caused fires ("Federal officials expect 'active fire season' along Interstate 70," Saturday, June 9), they only had to read your article two pages later about sport shooting ("Why shotguns are like finding love," Saturday, June 9), as that seems to have caused two fires on the very same day both of those articles appeared in the paper together.
Uncanny, those two articles and those two fires on the same day and no mention of firearms in the fire-awareness article, and no mention of wildfire in the firearms article.
If anyone was looking for a way to stop a wildfire from starting last weekend, way found!
Trending In: Opinion
- Raise the gas tax in Colorado to help fund road construction and maintenance (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Wissot: I miss the America before America became great again (column)
- Carnes: In 20th Thanksgiving column, Vail local still thankful (column)
- Vail Valley-based Hackernoon using equity crowdfunding to fuel new growth
- Eagle County struggles with record number of suicide deaths in 2018
- Biggest piece of Vail Valley real estate business is now a higher price range
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin