Is leaving second-home owners, retirees out of the Eagle-Vail conversation diversity? (letter)
May 4, 2018
I was somewhat puzzled and amused by Michelle Courtney's comments in reference to Katie Crofton's letter on the Eagle-Vail Metro District election (online comment section, "Concerns about state of Eagle-Vail," Thursday, May 3).
Let's see, no second-home owners, no retirees, no one concerned about Metro District finances — nothing but the young and the partygoers. Interesting! Is this the diversity that she and others seek?
As to Michelle's (and Katie's) comment about three people running with an agenda, the definition of an agenda is "a list of things to be considered or done." Gasp! Three people who actually know what they want to accomplish and have made that list public. How sinister! Better, I guess, to elect people who have no earthly idea what needs doing, what they want to do or who have so cleverly concealed their agenda that even they can't find it.
Trending In: Opinion
- Raise the gas tax in Colorado to help fund road construction and maintenance (letter)
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Be patient at the post office this holiday season, as they deal with reduced staffing (letter)
- Our View: The Vail Valley needs workforce housing. Where should it be built? (editorial)
- Biggest piece of Vail Valley real estate business is now a higher price range
- Vail Valley-based Hackernoon using equity crowdfunding to fuel new growth
- Eagle County struggles with record number of suicide deaths in 2018
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin