Jacqueline Cartier can get the job done without expecting you to pay more for continued inefficiency (letter)
November 2, 2018
As the former finance director for Eagle County government from 2007 through most of 2017, I continue to be appalled by the behavior and lack of transparency exhibited by Commissioner Jeanne McQueeney. Listening to her KZYR/TV18 interview with Chris Romer, she continues to claim that she is leading the county in a good direction. I do not believe that she is.
During my 10-plus-year tenure at Eagle County, I always worked well with every commissioner until McQueeney, who was elected on the platform of being able to provide solutions to our county's early childhood development issues. She claims success, but I do not believe that she has done enough to increase spaces or decrease the costs of early childhood centers.
Although I feel not enough has been done on the early childhood front, ironically, in meetings I attended, McQueeney did not appear to be interested in engaging in other topics that are important to Eagle County citizens, such as affordable housing and economic development.
Vote for someone who, in my opinion, can get the job done without expecting you to pay more for continued inefficiency. Vote for Jacqueline Cartier for Eagle County commissioner.
Former Eagle County finance director
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019