Letter: Airport lot isn’t your personal park and ride
September 17, 2017
I have been flying in and out of the Eagle County Regional Airport 25 to 30 times per year for the past 17 years, and the only time I have not been able to park for free is since the second free lot has been closed.
Not seeing mostly out-of-state plates like I see during ski season or the height of summer (from caretakers leaving owner cars there for retrieval), I asked around at the airport what was going on. I learned that people are using the one remaining free lot as their personal park and ride for the bus. This lot is for passengers only. I am told it isn't being policed right now. Also, on occasion, I have noticed Transportation Security Administration and employees parking there.
This is not fair to those of us that are regular passengers.
If the airport isn't going to police the non-passengers using the free lot, then the parking fees for the remainder of the time that the second lot is closed should be waived.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard