Letter: Colorado Mountain College is your community college; vote ‘yes’ on 4B
October 31, 2017
I was reminded over the past few weeks how important it is to vote "yes" on 4B for Colorado Mountain College. Recently, I heard two students tell their stories of getting a higher education at Colorado Mountain College. They talked about their struggles, dreams and successes of reaching their goals and receiving a degree from CMC. They shared the many loving sacrifices made by family members working two to three jobs, watching their children and helping pay their tuition.
These students selected CMC based on excellence of programs, staying close to home, great faculty, class size and, most importantly, cost. Over the years, the college has worked diligently to keep the cost affordable to our students. It is critical that we continue to do this.
If you are unfamiliar with the details of 4B and the Gallagher Amendment, I ask that you read over the materials on the website http://www.yeson4b.org and vote "yes" on 4B.
What are these students doing now? One is a nurse working in our community and the other is an educator helping students realize their dreams can happen, too — success stories!
Remember, Colorado Mountain College is your community college. Vote to keep costs affordable. Vote "yes" on 4B. Vote!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Avoid encounters and do your part to protect wildlife in Eagle County year-round (letter)
- Our View: Monday’s power outage a reminder of how good we have it (editorial)
- Vice President Mike Pence recognizes Mikaela Shiffrin, hometown of Eagle-Vail (letter)
- Town of Vail went overboard with short-term rental license process (letter)
- Follow the NRA money: It leads to Sen. Cory Gardner (letter)
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- With gold and silver, Mikaela Shiffrin savors the ‘incredibly sweet’ moment
- Alterra reveals Ikon Pass pricing; Aspen-Snowmass role includes 7 days combined
- History of Avon, Part 1: Town of Avon celebrating 40th birthday on Saturday, Feb. 24
- It’s a family matter: Gisin wins gold in combi; Shiffrin second