Letter: Confederate statues belong in museums
September 10, 2017
Mr. Mazucca was correct in pointing out flaws in Americans honored by many ("No shortage of hypocrites," Monday, Sept. 4). While these flaws are serious and should be noted at any statues honoring them, there is a difference between these Americans and honoring Confederate heroes with public statues.
The Confederate leaders were treasonous to the United States and fought to perpetuate the cruel injustice and barbarism of slavery. Their statues should be moved to museums of the Civil War and their participation fully explained.
Trending In: Opinion
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85