Letter: Eagle airport parking is a disgrace
September 11, 2017
Eagle airport parking is a disgrace
For those of us who park at Eagle airport regularly, it is a disgrace that they are intentionally providing fewer free, long-term parking options while the jet center is repaved.
I fly quite a bit from the valley and find it interesting that while the private jet center (which I do not use) gets upgraded, the construction crew has closed one of the two free, long-term parking lots. This means that there is very limited space available, which forces locals to use the paid parking options when the free lot is full, which happens quite a bit.
At the very least, the airport should have provided additional temporary, free, long-term parking in the current paid long-term parking lot to accommodate locals during the construction phase. It seems that this is unethical to remove free parking in order to squeeze more fees from locals to subsidize the repaving for the private jet center tarmac.
Eagle airport should be ashamed of itself for continuing this practice, and it should be stopped immediately, or at the very least, the airport should provide more temporary free, long-term parking.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Norton: The only thing better than a good book is a great book (column)
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip