Letter: Edwards resident fed up with inefficiency at local post office
December 28, 2018
I'm fed up with the outdated, inefficient methods of our local Edwards post office. Twice now, items I've ordered online have been delivered to the post office, only to be given to someone other than me and/or my husband. And I'm certain I'm not the only local resident to whom this has happened.
Seriously, with all the modern technology that exists today, why does our post office continue to have a human being write a box number on a yellow slip of paper for pickup? Obviously this is not a fail-safe procedure. And if insurance isn't purchased in addition to shipping charges, the post office's response is akin to "Sorry, once it leaves the building, there's nothing we can do."
So to the person who has the item I ordered as a Christmas present, please just return it. It wasn't very expensive. If you really want one, you can order one yourself for less than 25 bucks. Yes, the post office is at fault for giving it to you in the first place, but come on, do the right thing. You know what they always say about Karma. Happy New Year.
Trending In: Opinion
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history