Letter from Eagle County Commissioners: Thank you for supporting ballot measure 1A
November 18, 2017
To all Eagle County voters: We want to express our sincere thanks for your overwhelming support of ballot measure 1A, which created a new funding stream for much-needed mental health services in Eagle County.
Along with our partners, we have a vision for making affordable behavioral health services available to all who need them. This includes increasing the capacity for walk-in services, regardless of insurance status; increasing the availability of social detoxification services, with referral and follow-up treatment options; and creating a crisis stabilization unit which would provide short-term, in-patient assessment and care by mental health professionals.
Thanks to you, we can bring this vision into reality. Work is just getting started, and we will be asking for help from our residents and professionals in the field.
For those of you who voted against 1A, we heard your concerns and are committed to being accountable and transparent with the expenditure of these funds. We have a tremendous opportunity to support our residents through mental health services, and we welcome your comments and suggestions as we move forward.
We invite you to watch our progress at http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth. And thanks again for coming together to help address this critical community need.
Jill Ryan, Kathy Chandler-Henry and Jeanne McQueeney
Recommended Stories For You
Eagle County Commissioners
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Carier: Is Santa real? He lives in us all (column)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife