Letter: How we see President Trump differently
I am a Colorado native since 1961, full-time resident in Edwards since 2014, retired senior military officer after serving 30 years, with an additional 17 years working for the USG, DOD and VA, and have always been a Republican. I have many Democrat friends (fewer lately for some reason), and would like to pass on a message to them as well as other folks about my current commander-in chief, President Donald Trump. The difference between me and a lot of my Democrat friends when it comes to our current president is based on perceptions — I offer the following contrast:
- You see Trump’s arrogance, I see Trump’s confidence. You see Trump’s nationalism, I see Trump’s patriotism. You hear Trump’s unsophisticated words, I hear Trump’s honesty.
- You see Trump’s racism, I see Trump’s words being misconstrued and twisted by the media daily to fit their narrative. You see Trump as a Republican, I see Trump as a patriot. You see Trump as a dictator, I see Trump as a leader.
- You see Trump as an authoritarian, I see Trump as the only one willing to fight for our American freedoms. You see Trump as childish, I see Trump as a fighter, unwilling to cave into the lies. You see Trump as an unpolished politician, I see Trump as a breath of fresh air.
- You think Trump hates immigrants, I know Trump is married to an immigrant. You see Trump putting an end to immigration in America, I see Trump welcoming immigrants to America legally. You see Trump’s cages at the border, I see Obama-built cages at the border.
- You see Trump with a struggling economy, I see Trump with an amazing economy until COVID shut it down with Democrats trying to keep it shut down. You see the violence in the streets and call it “Trump’s America,” I see the violence in the streets of Democrat-run cities who are refusing Trump’s help and call it “Liberal America.”
- You want someone more presidential, I’m happy we have someone who finally doesn’t just talk the talk but actually walks the walk. You see Trump as an enemy to the state, I see Trump as someone that deeply loves America, as do I.
You and I? We see things very differently. As do about 50% of our fellow Americans and most of my fellow senior military officer friends that will re-elect President Trump for another four years of prosperity.