Letter: If Lindsey Vonn is throwing herself into political fray, she should be prepared for backlash
January 22, 2018
Jamie: She decided to become part of the political fray, and she has to be prepared for the other side. You are chastising comments about her, and at the same time, you follow suit with your insults ("Give Vonn a break with comments about Trump," Saturday, Dec. 16). I would definitely call that a bit ironic and most definitely contradictory to your so-called beliefs.
Get over the fact that someone disagrees with your darling. She is a great skier and hopefully represents the people of the United States (the goal of any athlete), but if she chooses to become part of the political discussion, she has to be prepared. I think ye has a thin skin!
Robert J. Graff
Highland Beach, Florida
Trending In: Opinion
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced