Letter: Many thanks to the Vail Health Foundation for support of local veterans
January 2, 2018
This Christmas, the generous folks at the Vail Health Foundation supplied generous gifts to eight deserving veterans in the valley. The holidays can be difficult times to muster through, and all these veterans needed a pat on the back and a "thank you for your service." These gifts did just that and made the holiday so much more meaningful for them. The veterans had all served in combat in Korea or Vietnam or in the current conflicts in the Middle East.
We live in an amazing community, and acts of thoughtfulness like this prove it so. Happy New Year to everyone, and may it be a year of health and peace!
With deep gratitude,
Eagle County veteran service officer
Trending In: Opinion
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape