Letter: Media underreported climate change last year; cover climate in 2018
January 10, 2018
Editor's note: Find a cited version of this letter at http://www.vaildaily.com.
A new report, "Carbon Omission: How the Media Underreported Climate Change in 2017," (http://pubc.it/2lXlwq8) finds that the U.S. media has largely failed to connect the dots between our warming planet and extreme weather events.
Already in 2018, record cold and record snowfall, both consistent with our changing climate, have ravaged communities along the eastern seaboard. As evidence of our warming planet continues to amass, I urge you to report on the climate crisis with the quality and quantity it merits. Cover climate in 2018.
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County Sheriff: When it comes to teen suicide, the sound of silence is deadly (column)
- Vail Daily letter: White genocide nearly imminent in South Africa
- Town of Eagle exceeding authority in approving developments, building water plant (letter)
- How do we get to No. 1 again in Ski magazine resort rankings? Teamwork (letter)
- Wissot: We’ve got to do something about school shootings, but you know we won’t (column)
- San Diego man allegedly zip-tied his girlfriend, tried to strangle her in Vail lodge, faces attempted murder
- Edwards murder suspects want separate trials, prosecutors want them tried together
- Florida man’s lost ashes claimed by friend who’ll spread them in Vail’s Back Bowls
- After Lindsey Vonn falters, snowboarder Ester Ledecka pulls off stunning win
- Ledecka wins? What the fudge happened?