Letter: Media underreported climate change last year; cover climate in 2018
January 10, 2018
Editor's note: Find a cited version of this letter at http://www.vaildaily.com.
A new report, "Carbon Omission: How the Media Underreported Climate Change in 2017," (http://pubc.it/2lXlwq8) finds that the U.S. media has largely failed to connect the dots between our warming planet and extreme weather events.
Already in 2018, record cold and record snowfall, both consistent with our changing climate, have ravaged communities along the eastern seaboard. As evidence of our warming planet continues to amass, I urge you to report on the climate crisis with the quality and quantity it merits. Cover climate in 2018.
Trending In: Opinion
- Van Ens: The post office once packed a political punch (column)
- Mazzuca: Socialist-leaning youth today really don’t have a clue (column)
- Wissot: Farewell to Aunt Irene, the keeper of our family’s facts (column)
- Thomas: Prison reform is an unlikely issue for Republicans today (column)
- Hold representatives accountable on issues of climate, fossil fuel usage
- Edwards readies for roundabout construction, spur road widening and new bridge
- Former Eagle County Judge Katharine Sullivan is blooming inside the Beltway
- Aspen rafting company facing negligence and fraud lawsuit for death of Maryland man
- Man convicted in 1998 death of Gypsum teen
- With hunting season approaching, Gypsum reopens gun range