Letter: Media underreported climate change last year; cover climate in 2018
January 10, 2018
Editor's note: Find a cited version of this letter at http://www.vaildaily.com.
A new report, "Carbon Omission: How the Media Underreported Climate Change in 2017," (http://pubc.it/2lXlwq8) finds that the U.S. media has largely failed to connect the dots between our warming planet and extreme weather events.
Already in 2018, record cold and record snowfall, both consistent with our changing climate, have ravaged communities along the eastern seaboard. As evidence of our warming planet continues to amass, I urge you to report on the climate crisis with the quality and quantity it merits. Cover climate in 2018.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019