Letter: Re-elect Shelly Jarnot to Eagle County Schools Board of Education
October 26, 2017
Hi, my name is Tim Bettenhausen, and I support the re-election of Shelly Jarnot to the Eagle County school board. I teach at Battle Mountain High School, and I benefit from the support and high expectations of the school board.
Full disclosure: I have been friends with Shelly since the early '90s. Our kids are friends, and our families go to the same church. Shelly is available and open to listening to both concerns of parents and teachers. I do have to be prepared, though, when I speak to Shelly. She asks probing questions and demands that I support my statements. I have always found her to be quick to listen and strong on her follow through. Most people don't realize the wide breadth of issues facing our schools. Shelly is committed to both the big issues and less exciting details.
We are fortunate to have Shelly Jarnot on the Eagle County school board and should keep her involved in the education of our kids for as long as we can.
Trending In: Opinion
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- Thanks to community, first responders for help following Eagle Ranch house fire (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job