Letter: Re-elect Shelly Jarnot to Eagle County Schools Board of Education
October 26, 2017
Hi, my name is Tim Bettenhausen, and I support the re-election of Shelly Jarnot to the Eagle County school board. I teach at Battle Mountain High School, and I benefit from the support and high expectations of the school board.
Full disclosure: I have been friends with Shelly since the early '90s. Our kids are friends, and our families go to the same church. Shelly is available and open to listening to both concerns of parents and teachers. I do have to be prepared, though, when I speak to Shelly. She asks probing questions and demands that I support my statements. I have always found her to be quick to listen and strong on her follow through. Most people don't realize the wide breadth of issues facing our schools. Shelly is committed to both the big issues and less exciting details.
We are fortunate to have Shelly Jarnot on the Eagle County school board and should keep her involved in the education of our kids for as long as we can.
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Carier: Is Santa real? He lives in us all (column)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife