Letter: Re-elect three incumbents, Jenn Bruno, Dave Chapin and Greg Moffet, to Vail Town Council
October 29, 2017
Dear editor: In the Vail Town Council election, I hope you will join me in voting for Jenn Bruno, Dave Chapin and Greg Moffet.
As a past member of the Vail Town Council and former mayor, I have experienced firsthand their commitment to the job, their concern for the community and their respect for the people they serve. Prior to being on council, each has served on various town boards, gaining knowledge and experience and listening to constituents. With their understanding of the issues, they came to meetings prepared and were thoughtful in their considerations.
Following are three of the reasons I support their desire to serve again:
1. Approach to issues: They have addressed and brought to conclusion difficult and, at times, controversial issues, the most prominent one that of workforce/affordable housing.
2. Continuity: The last council has been successful in developing strategic plans for the direction of the town. By continuing these efforts, we will be well served in the future.
3. Diverse backgrounds: Individually, they bring diverse experiences and emphasis to the role of town council member.
Recommended Stories For You
Although we did not always agree on issues and approaches to solving problems, I never doubted their genuine concern for the community. If elected, I believe that Jenn Bruno, Dave Chapin and Greg Moffet will continue to help shape the future of our community in constructive and inclusive ways.
Please join me in voting for them in this important election.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019