Letter: Re-elect three incumbents, Jenn Bruno, Dave Chapin and Greg Moffet, to Vail Town Council
October 29, 2017
Dear editor: In the Vail Town Council election, I hope you will join me in voting for Jenn Bruno, Dave Chapin and Greg Moffet.
As a past member of the Vail Town Council and former mayor, I have experienced firsthand their commitment to the job, their concern for the community and their respect for the people they serve. Prior to being on council, each has served on various town boards, gaining knowledge and experience and listening to constituents. With their understanding of the issues, they came to meetings prepared and were thoughtful in their considerations.
Following are three of the reasons I support their desire to serve again:
1. Approach to issues: They have addressed and brought to conclusion difficult and, at times, controversial issues, the most prominent one that of workforce/affordable housing.
2. Continuity: The last council has been successful in developing strategic plans for the direction of the town. By continuing these efforts, we will be well served in the future.
3. Diverse backgrounds: Individually, they bring diverse experiences and emphasis to the role of town council member.
Recommended Stories For You
Although we did not always agree on issues and approaches to solving problems, I never doubted their genuine concern for the community. If elected, I believe that Jenn Bruno, Dave Chapin and Greg Moffet will continue to help shape the future of our community in constructive and inclusive ways.
Please join me in voting for them in this important election.
Trending In: Opinion
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte on Saturday
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- 4 Colorado State Patrol troopers hit in 4 days
- Lost skier at Steamboat Resort finds cellphone in lift shack to call for help
- Arapahoe Basin cuts ties with Vail Resorts, unlikely to join Ikon Pass