Letter: Rush to table decision at ‘special meeting’ in Eagle-Vail
October 16, 2017
Aside from the fact that the agenda of the meeting was not properly noticed (C.R. 32-1-903), I was determined to attend. After all, it was going to be a "special" meeting.
The Eagle Vail Metro District board executive session that preceded the Thursday, Oct. 5, special meeting was a long one. Folks remained steadfast, however, waiting outside for close to an hour on the Eagle-Vail Pavilion deck in spite of the ferocious October wind. My stylish coiffure was no longer special.
The meeting began. I soon found myself thinking, what in the heck is going on here? Is a meeting special when a supposedly super-urgent resolution has now been determined in executive session to need more clarification? Is a meeting special when two of the three directors still in attendance had not even read the document that a second resolution proposed to adopt?
So, how will you know absolutely for certain that you have just attended a special Eagle Vail Metro District meeting? Well, that is easy!
When reckless rushed resolutions end in tumultuousness and a need to "table" those same resolutions, you can say unequivocally, I have just attended one! And, check out your hair — it will be a dead giveaway.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- The persona of PSRA champion ski racer Lonny Vanatta, captured in photos (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail