Letter: Sad to see Mazzuca go
September 17, 2017
I read with great disappointment the prologue to Mr. Butch Mazzuca's last column indicating that he will no longer be contributing to the Vail Daily. I have found his columns to be interesting, entertaining and informative.
More importantly, he often presented opinions that gave voice to a different view than the lockstep, groupthink, left-leaning mantras (i.e., talking points) trumpeted by most of the media. When one has both sides of the argument, he or she can make an intelligent and individual decision. Policy positions that shirk from dissenting views may not be the best for a community or country.
Most importantly, Mr. Mazzuca always presented his views in a fact-based, non-name calling manner. His absence will diminish the Vail Daily. I hope that there is no serious personal or health reason for his hiatus. If that is not the case, then I urge the editor to do everything within your power to influence Mr. Mazzuca to make his hiatus as brief as possible. I'm sure I speak for many readers when I say he will be missed.
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Carier: Is Santa real? He lives in us all (column)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife