Letter: Sad to see Mazzuca go
September 17, 2017
I read with great disappointment the prologue to Mr. Butch Mazzuca's last column indicating that he will no longer be contributing to the Vail Daily. I have found his columns to be interesting, entertaining and informative.
More importantly, he often presented opinions that gave voice to a different view than the lockstep, groupthink, left-leaning mantras (i.e., talking points) trumpeted by most of the media. When one has both sides of the argument, he or she can make an intelligent and individual decision. Policy positions that shirk from dissenting views may not be the best for a community or country.
Most importantly, Mr. Mazzuca always presented his views in a fact-based, non-name calling manner. His absence will diminish the Vail Daily. I hope that there is no serious personal or health reason for his hiatus. If that is not the case, then I urge the editor to do everything within your power to influence Mr. Mazzuca to make his hiatus as brief as possible. I'm sure I speak for many readers when I say he will be missed.
Trending In: Opinion
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced