Letter: Shelly Jarnot should continue on Eagle County Schools Board of Education
October 26, 2017
We want to urge everyone to vote this November for our friend and relentless champion of Eagle County public schools, current school board member Shelly Jarnot.
With three children currently in the school system and a husband, Chris, who's a product of our local schools, no one works harder than Shelly to ensure our children are getting the best possible public-school education they can in our challenging resort environment.
Shelly has served tirelessly on school board during a time of dramatic transition with the departure of former Superintendent Dr. Jason Glass and has also helped seamlessly administer a recent school bond and subsequent and ongoing capital-improvement process.
She's been a key part of a noticeable trend of overall academic improvement throughout our system, and as the parents of three of our own children in Eagle County schools, we wholeheartedly endorse Shelly Jarnot for another term on the Eagle County school board.
Thanks for your time and consideration,
Kristin and David Williams
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Carnes: Kanye West, Taylor Swift and the consequences for apathetic entertainment (column)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed