Letter: Stick with Vail Town Council incumbents in November election
October 26, 2017
Dear Vail Daily editor: The Vail community will be well-served to re-elect experienced council members Jenn Bruno, Dave Chapin and Greg Moffet to the Vail Town Council.
First, as a business owner, I want to ensure that our Vail council members understand how to lead and support our business community. All three candidates are also Vail business owners.
Second, Bruno, Chapin and Moffet have consistently supported and voted for workforce housing. This longstanding issue has become more critical, as our resources and options are challenging and limited. Keeping our employees living in our own town is essential to our vitality.
Third, all three candidates are knowledgeable and prepared for the work and issues that come before the Vail council. They also have a critical eye on newly proposed laws and legislation.
As a committee member of the Vail Economic Advisory Council and Vail Local Marketing District Advisory Council, I am impressed to see all three council members participating in our many meetings. Their attendance shows their desire to understand the specific issues of our working committees and to bring that input back to the council.
Please re-elect Jenn Bruno, Dave Chapin and Greg Moffet.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today